[sane-devel] Testing on Canon MF6580PL

twain43 at hotmail.com twain43 at hotmail.com
Wed Jun 9 15:25:23 UTC 2010

Compiled, installed and ran as specified.
Here's the new log....still no scan....
(I spent half a day only to figure out I had to "make install" it as root user.... lol )

Twain28

From: twain43 at hotmail.com
To: nicolas0martin at gmail.com
Date: Wed, 9 Jun 2010 10:01:16 +0000
CC: sane-devel at lists.alioth.debian.org
Subject: Re: [sane-devel] Testing on Canon MF6580PL

Will give it a shot as soon as I can and post back the results....(today is a busy day :P ...)

Twain28

> Subject: RE: [sane-devel] Testing on Canon MF6580PL
> From: nicolas0martin at gmail.com
> To: twain43 at hotmail.com
> CC: peter at schoenrank.ca; sane-devel at lists.alioth.debian.org
> Date: Tue, 8 Jun 2010 22:11:06 +0200
>
> Just Committed a few bunch of modifications to latest git.
>
> Could you give a try with it, and get another scanimage -T logfile as
> you did previously:
>
> export SANE_DEBUG_PIXMA=11
> scanimage -T  2> scanimage.log
>
> We will see how it behaves from there
>
> Nicolas
>
> Le lundi 07 juin 2010 à 09:20 +0000, twain43 at hotmail.com a écrit :
> > Ok, here's the log, obtained following the instructions provided. I'm
> > also posting the steps I went through, just in case I missed
> > something:
> > 1. Fired up Canon's scan interface on Win Vista and selected a very
> > small area to acquire;
> > 2. Started Snoopypro, unpacked the driver, installed the service,
> > selected the correct USB device, then install-rebooted the logger;
> > 3. Back to the Canon's interface, I issued the "Scan" command. The
> > logger instantly started capturing.
> >
> > You find the log attached, zipped. You were right: the thing took over
> > 2 megs of log for a very small area!
> >
> > Hope this helps narrowing out things.
> >
> > Twain28

> > nome.cognome @... Verifica la disponibilità sui NUOVI domini

Messenger Radio.  La radio che si fa cliccare!
Tanti account di posta? Unisci tutto sotto Hotmail
http://www.windowslive.it/hotmail/GestisciAltriAccount.aspx