[sane-devel] Hardware compatibility ongoing problem and what can be done about it

augustin sane at overshoot.tv
Sun Jun 13 09:45:45 UTC 2010

Hello,

I wrote last week about not being able to buy a SANE-supported scanner, and
especially about 3 specific long term actions to be coordinated with similar
schemes in order to improve the long term prospects of hardware linux support.

I was surprised by two things: first by the high number of hits my mail
generated on the Linux web site, and secondly by the complete lack of
constructive replies both on this list and by private emails. It's a shame
that nobody had anything constructive and positive to contribute to any of the
3 action plans I had highlighted.

Anyway, since I am not a SANE developer, and, I much regret, not event a SANE
user, I will now unsubscribe from this list.
If at any time in the future someone stumbles upon this archived email,  they
may either email me privately or, even better, contribute their knowledge in
the wiki and in the relevant tickets on the web site (links below).

Thanks again for your hard work developing drivers. :)

Blessings,

Augustin.