[sane-devel] Canon MX 700

Gernot Hassenpflug aikishugyo at gmail.com
Wed Jun 16 01:05:24 UTC 2010

On Wed, Jun 16, 2010 at 9:12 AM, Buzz <buzz at kinematic.co.nz> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have a Canon mx 700 and I am running Debian Lenny.
>
> The scanner appears to be supported in the latest pixma backend but I get the
> following error from make.
>
> Generating sane.dvi from sane.tex...
> make[1]: *** [sane.dvi] Error 1
> make[1]: Leaving directory
> `/home/buzz/downloads/sane/sane-backends-1.0.21/doc'
> make: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
>
> Any help is much appreciated.

Hi, not sure from your error message, maybe you are missing some
necessary executables. You might want to check the log if there is
one. Otherwise, something that happens occasionally (but seems to give
a different fail) with regards to TeX, is the following:

When I compile SANE, I get an error from LaTeX's dvips, something to
do with free():
glibc detected *** free(): invalid pointer

The way to avoid the compilation from ending with an error is to set
the following environment variable:
export MALLOC_CHECK_=0

Setting it to 0 avoids even warnings, setting it to 1 outputs a
warning but also does not abort the compile, while setting it to 2
aborts with the error message above.

Regards,
Gernot