[sane-devel] HP Scanjet 2400

Piotr Mis piotr.mis at gmx.de
Thu Jun 17 06:53:05 UTC 2010

Dnia 2010-06-16, śro o godzinie 22:08 +0200, Julien Salort pisze:

> Now, indeed, grayscale scanning works fine from command line.
>
> % scanimage -V
> scanimage (sane-backends) 1.0.22git; backend version 1.0.22
>
> % scanimage -L
> device `genesys:libusb:002:002-03f0-0a01-ff-ff' is a Hewlett Packard ScanJet 2400c flatbed scanner
>

> However :
>
> 1/ Color scanning gives strange results
This is easy to fix (at least for 300dpi), just change the definition of
the scanner from BGR to RGB in the backend genesys_devices.c and
recompile:
Genesys_Model hp2400c_model = {

   0, 24, 48,                   /* RGB CCD Line-distance correction in
pixel */

   COLOR_ORDER_RGB,             /* Order of the CCD/CIS colors */

   SANE_FALSE,                  /* Is this a CIS scanner? */
   SANE_FALSE,                  /* Is this a sheetfed scanner? */

> 2/ The scanner makes an unusual noise at the beginning of the scan
Yes it does, when moving head back after lamp warm-up, but does not hit
hard, needs to be fixed.
> 3/ I still have to figure out how to use this to make the scanner appear in Mac OS X built-in "Image Capture" application
Can't really help you there, no experience with Mac.

Regards,

Piotr