[sane-devel] Testing on Canon MF6580PL

Chris Bagwell chris at cnpbagwell.com
Mon Jun 28 17:17:51 UTC 2010

Oh, OK.  So one part of the problem is that pixma debug messages aren't
showing up.

Can the tester verify as a separate task if scanning is working with
twain-sane version of libusb though?  It seems it may be working now?

On debug output part, I see pixma is using some custom stuff to disable when
NDEBUG is present.  Seems pretty easy that externally included header
defines NDEBUG that pixma is including but not sanei_debug.h.

A quick test of that theory is to modify the file backends/pixma_common.h
around line 57 and change "#ifdef NDEBUG" to "#ifdef NDEBUGBLAAAA".  Also,
similar change needed at backends/pixma.c line 70.

Can