[sane-devel] Description file, Epson, and wildcards

Alesh Slovak alesh.slovak at avasys.jp
Wed Mar 3 23:29:13 UTC 2010

Alessandro Zummo wrote:
> On Wed, 3 Mar 2010 10:28:09 -0500
> "m. allan noah" <kitno455 at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>>>  method based on epkowa.desc is the only option that I can think of.
>> Thats a fine method- if you think you can identify the devices that
>> epson2 does not support. How will this process be triggered? Manually?
>
>  perl script triggered by me. it searches for the description
>  of the non-free component and marks the entry as not supported.

There is one hitch I can think of with this. We use a non-free component to
support the network protocol as well. Most, if not all of these scanners are
fully supported by epson2, including network scanning, as far as I know. So
depending on what exactly you are searching for you might be inadvertently
dropping these scanners as well.

Happy scanning,
--
Alesh Slovak                    Linux Team -- AVASYS Corporation
alesh.slovak at avasys.jp          http://avasys.jp