[sane-devel] SANE: Error during device I/O (code=9)

Johannes Meixner jsmeix at suse.de
Fri Mar 5 08:43:12 UTC 2010

Hello,

On Mar 3 22:30 Brano wrote (shortened):
> I'm on openSUSE 11.2 with network connected all-in-one
> printer HP LaserJet3055 (print/scan/fax)
>
> Until recently printer and scanner was working fine.
> After some official updates scanner stopped working.
> HP Linux Imaging and Printing System (ver. 3.10.2)

openSUSE 11.2 provides HPLIP version 3.9.8 so that your
installed HPLIP version is never ever an "official update".

Note that whatever packages you may get via the openSUSE build
service or via whatever package repository which you can select
to be used additionally in YaST are in very most cases not at all
"official updates". Basically ony the repositories which are
available by default in YaST after an openSUSE 11.2 installation
from scratch are official update repositories.

Kind Regards
Johannes Meixner
AG Nuernberg, HRB 16746, GF: Markus Rex