[sane-devel] MP210 or PIXMA MP210 under Slackware13.0 not working...

Bradley D. Thornton Bradley at NorthTech.US
Sun Mar 7 02:04:45 UTC 2010

Hi Nicolas :)

Nicolas Martin wrote:
> AFAIK, the Pixma protocol, which MP210 uses, is different from the one
> implemented in canon630u, and I guess MP210 won't be able to work with
> that backend.

Yes you are correct there ;)  Although it does pick up the scanner in
the canon630u.conf file.

> FYI, the pixma.conf file is only for network Pixma models, that use
> Canon's bjnp network protocol, and you can set in this file the scanner
> ip, if it does not get autodetected by the pixma backend.

So, which conf file holds the data for the device? i.e.,
'pisma:04A91721_F32369'
> Good to read about your success!

And thank you too. Looking forward to doing a write up at SlackWiki for
this :)

--
Kindest regards,

Bradley D. Thornton