[sane-devel] To owners of CanoScan 5600F: please volunteer for testing

Gernot Hassenpflug aikishugyo at gmail.com
Fri Mar 19 06:19:55 UTC 2010

On Fri, Mar 19, 2010 at 2:57 PM, stef <stef.dev at free.fr> wrote:
> Le vendredi 19 mars 2010 03:28:52 Gernot Hassenpflug, vous avez écrit :
>> On Fri, Mar 19, 2010 at 10:17 AM, Catalin David

>> Dear Catalin,
>> Bad news! The protocol used has nothing whatsover to do with the one
>> used on the 8800F. I'll see if this has anything in common with other
>> Canon scanner protocols, but it is certainly not a pixma variation.
>>
>> Regards,
>> Gernot
>>
>        Hello,
>
>        I have looked at the logs, and they decode well with the scripts I'm refining
> for gl847. So I really think this scanner is gl84[678] based. By running the
> latest version (from git) of sane-find-scanner, you will know the exact
> version of the genesys ASIC.
>
> Regards,
>        Stef

Oh, great news! A broad beam of sunshine. Thank you very much for that
fantastic information Stef. Catalin, any chance you can do this? I
guess I'll bow out then, since I was hoping it was a pixma
protocol.... I'll continue on the CanoScan 8800F support then. If any
other CanoScan seems to have pixma protocol please let me know.

Best regards,
Gernot