[sane-devel] any sniff volunteers unsupported Canon scanners: 4200F, 5200F, 9900F, 9950F

Gernot Hassenpflug aikishugyo at gmail.com
Sun Mar 21 09:56:45 UTC 2010

On Sun, Mar 21, 2010 at 6:38 PM, Enno Fennema <e.fennema at tiscali.nl> wrote:
> Gernot Hassenpflug wrote:
>> Hi all,
>> I've been looking at the list of unsupported Canon scanners,
>> concentrating on the CanoScan and LiDE series. Seems the LiDE series
>> all uses Genesys Logic chips and/or Philips CP2155BE front-end. But
>> some of the CanonScan series are still apparently unknown, and it
>> would be fantastci if one or more of those used an existing protocol.
>>
>> Is there anyone who would be able to sniff a Windows USB log of the
>> following scanners:
>>
>> * CanoScan 4200F
>> * CanoScan 5200F
>> * CanoScan 9900F
>> * CanoScan 9950F
>
> Is the CanoScan 8800F part of this group? USB vendor 0x04a9 Canon and
> product 0x1901. I have a standalone driver (not SANE format but probbaly
> fairly easily convertible) which appears to work fully for platen scans.

Hehe, no, because in the last few weeks I got this scanner supported
fully at all resolutions, with help from Allan and Nicolas and Milan
(another 8800F owner). Works for all resolutions up to 4800 both paper
and film negatives ( haven't tried positives yet ). Only problems
remaining are:
1) 4800x9600 mode
2) misalignment for negatives/positives in y-direction (need to
specify some offset for scan to select same area as in preview
window).

So my question was in order to find out if any of the other Canon
scanners also work using the pixma protocol, which as you say, is
fairly easy to use.

Regards,
Gernot