[sane-devel] Plustek OpticPro S28

Chris Berry s0457957 at sms.ed.ac.uk
Sun Mar 21 18:42:34 UTC 2010

> Le jeudi 18 mars 2010 07:21:10 Yevgeny Gromov, vous avez ?crit :
>
>> Hi everyone!
>> In archive I've read that some years ago someone have developed backend for
>> Plustek OpticPro S28 based on GL841.
>> Is there any alpha support for this scanner or should I write modification
>>  of sane-genesys based on different GL841 models?
>>

>> --
>>

> 	Hello,
>
> 	I think the latter is the best option for you. All the mails about the
> OpticBook 3600 development will give you many interesting information on how
> to do it.
>
> Regards,
> 	Stef
Hi Yevgeny,

I have been developing support for the opticbook 3600 with the help of
stef so if  you would like any information I will do my best to help
you, hopefully some of the difficulties I faced will be of benefit to you.

If you are looking for advice on how to start the first thing you need
to do is get USB snooping software and some scripts to decode it (I have
a copy of some scripts from stef but if you ask him nicely he may have
newer versions :) ). USB snoops will show the traffic between the
scanner and the computer, after the captured snoop has been parsed by
the script files a lof of vital information will be available.

Good luck and if you would like more information on the 3600 for
comparison the project site is here: http://sites.google.com/site/bez625/

Chris