[sane-devel] any sniff volunteers unsupported Canon scanners: 4200F, 5200F, 9900F, 9950F

Gernot Hassenpflug aikishugyo at gmail.com
Mon Mar 22 03:27:59 UTC 2010

On Mon, Mar 22, 2010 at 12:23 PM, Kelly Price <strredwolf at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Sat, Mar 20, 2010 at 11:53 PM, Gernot Hassenpflug
> <aikishugyo at gmail.com> wrote:
>> Hi all,
>> I've been looking at the list of unsupported Canon scanners,
>> concentrating on the CanoScan and LiDE series. Seems the LiDE series
>> all uses Genesys Logic chips and/or Philips CP2155BE front-end. But
>> some of the CanonScan series are still apparently unknown, and it
>> would be fantastci if one or more of those used an existing protocol.
>>

> Which of the LiDE series did you sniff?  I have a 90 and a 100 that
> are currently unsupported.

None. I looked at the SANE support/unsupport pages to see what they
use (http://www.sane-project.org/unsupported/) . As I said, I am
looking for sniffs only of the specified 4 scanners, in order to
determine if they use a pixma protocol. If you have a 90 or 100 I
suggest you first check the SANE pages for what they say about those
scanners, and if nothing there then open up the scanners if you feel
confident enough, and take a look at the chips, specifying the
information. Chances are the 100 is also a Genesys user.

Regards,
Gernot