[sane-devel] Bus Error on pnm backend in FreeBSD 8

Alejandro Imass ait at p2ee.org
Mon Mar 22 16:15:27 UTC 2010

(sorry if this is a double post, I hit send before conforming my
subscription to the list)
Hi,

I am trying to get the pnm backend to work on FreeBSD. I originally
thought it was related to an old bug in pnm.c and had filed this bug
which is now closed:

https://alioth.debian.org/tracker/?group_id=30186&atid=410366&func=detail&aid=312401

I built the FreeBSD port using the patch method and patching the pnm.c
file with the diff I got from the oriniogal pnm.c file and the pnm.c
file I got from the latest master via git. I verified that the patch
worked by examining the port's work directory and it patched perfectly
before build.

The FreeBSD port is built from a 1.0.20 freeze, here are the first few
lines of the ChangeLog:

******  Release of sane-backends 1.0.20. End of code freeze ******

2009-05-03  m. allan noah <kitno455 a t gmail d o t com>
       * config.guess, config.sub: updated to latest versions
       * NEWS, configure.in, configure: updated for 1.0.20
       * sane-backends.lsm, doc/releases.txt: minor tweaks
       * doc/descriptions/coolscan3.desc, doc/descriptions/rts8891.desc:
         add :new marker, correct manpage link

2009-05-01  m. allan noah <kitno455 a t gmail d o t com>
       * backend/fujitsu.c: copy_buffer() needs to count lines, or M309[12]
         cannot scan in duplex

I am attaching the debug output with SANE_DEBUG_DLL=255, the FBSD
Kernel trace in plain text (bzipped) and the patch file. I am
available to help debug this on FBSD, but I don't know how to proceed.

Thanks in advance,
Alejandro Imass