[sane-devel] Mustek ScanExpress A3 USB 1200 PRO

Ille tam.ille at free.fr
Tue Mar 23 13:08:34 UTC 2010

Le Tue, 23 Mar 2010 00:13:18 -0700,
scar <scar at drigon.com> a écrit :

> from what i've read, i just need to add a line like 'usb 0x055f
> 0x040b' to the configuration file.
>
> i already have a bunch of config files in /etc/sane.d.  however,
> mustek_usb2 doesn't seem to have a configuration file according to the
> man page[1].  just mustek_usb does (mustek_usb.conf).  i did try
> putting 'usb 0x055f 0x040b' in there for the heck of it but scanimage
> -L still isn't detecting it.  is there something i need to run to
> reload the config files?

Be aware that mustek_usb and mustek_usb2 are not the same backend.
The ugly thing with mustek_usb2 backend is that it only support one
scanner. So you need to modify the source code for this backend
(VendorID and ProductID are defined in mustek_usb2_asic.c)
You will also have to change the x_ and y_range, at least.

I do not own a mustek A3 scanner, so I'm afraid I will not be able to
help more...

Regards

Ille