[sane-devel] any sniff volunteers unsupported Canon scanners: 4200F, 5200F, 9900F, 9950F

Gernot Hassenpflug aikishugyo at gmail.com
Wed Mar 24 01:25:34 UTC 2010

On Wed, Mar 24, 2010 at 8:48 AM, René Kjellerup
<rk.katana.steel at gmail.com> wrote:
> hi Gernot,
>
> a few years back I worked on the 4200F
> and made these logs (5.1MB or 5341603 bytes)
>
> my scanner broke, not sure whether it were the program I wrote or that
> a lightning shower
> happened on me while testing (was only trying to recreate the logs)
>
> René

Hi, the logs from the 4200F seems similar to those from the 5600F, and
maybe this is something like the canon630u backend protocol using the
GL640, judging by the 8-byte command sequences often beginning with
either 0x40 or 0xc0. Or maybe something else----I am not familiar with
that protocol.

Thanks for the information,
Gernot