[sane-devel] Visioneer OneTouch 8920 USB and VuPoint Filmscanner

W. Ekkehard Blanz ekkehard.blanz at gmail.com
Fri Mar 26 01:54:41 UTC 2010

Dear SANE people,

in an (admittedly rather old - 2003) post on this forum I have seen that somebody (Terry Boldt) was working on the Visioneer OneTouch 8920 USB
backend.  Of course, Terry can no longer be reached at the E-mail address he used back then.  I have one of those scanners and would be willing to try and
finish this work.  Is there some CVS (or similar) archive where I could look?  Of course, I would also gladly listen to any advice, including "forget it", if that should be appropriate for whatever reason.  I have written UNIX drivers in a former life - but no USB drivers (USB didn't exist back then - that should give you a hint).

Once I got that working, I'd like to try getting my VuPoint Filmscanner to work.  lsusb calls it the "OmniVision Technologies, Inc. VEHO Filmscanner".  Anybody ever heard anything of that??

Ekkehard