[sane-devel] open driver for Epson Perfection V100 Photo?

Stéphane Blondon stephane.blondon at gmail.com
Sun Mar 28 00:35:54 UTC 2010

2010/3/27 m. allan noah <kitno455 at gmail.com>:
>> try to get a log of the scanner being plugged in and turned on. I want
>> to see the firmware upload.

Esfw66.bin is really the firmware: it's the main block of data in the
init logfile (starting at line 54). The differences are:
- the 100 first bytes of the firmware are not sended.
- the end of the firmware is not sended too (they are only "ff" values).

> Attached is an image extracted from your log.

The first scan was a white area only, so it's hard to split the white
calibration and the really scanned area.

> Can you write
> the letters 'RGB', each in the correct color

It's done:
The results are available in the archive at
http://static.zeropassword.com/tmp/epson_v100_init_and_scan_RGB.tar.lzma
It a temporary address; I will set up a very basic website elsewhere.

In the archive:
- the logs of the scan at 50 dpi and at 300 dpi;
- the picture generated by the scanner;
- the log of the init.

All the logs are filtered by spike4.

--