[sane-devel] open driver for Epson Perfection V100 Photo?

Stéphane Blondon stephane.blondon at gmail.com
Sun Mar 28 21:57:32 UTC 2010

2010/3/28 m. allan noah <kitno455 at gmail.com>:
> 2010/3/27 Stéphane Blondon <stephane.blondon at gmail.com>:
>> Esfw66.bin is really the firmware: it's the main block of data in the
>> init logfile (starting at line 54). The differences are:
>> - the 100 first bytes of the firmware are not sended.

I made a stupid mistake: "100" is displayed in the hexadecimal editor,
so it means adress 255.

> this sounds like epjitsu. there is also a checksum byte that follows.

I have created a new file based on the Esfw66.bin and used `chksum` on
it. The sum doesn't match the data sended after the firmware in the
logfile. The error comes probably from me. I found the code used for
the checksum in epjistu.c so I will try again tomorrow by writing a
little C code based on it.

--
Stéphane