[sane-devel] Backend for plustek Opticbook 3600

stef stef.dev at free.fr
Tue Mar 30 19:47:01 UTC 2010

Le mardi 30 mars 2010 09:53:20 Chris Berry, vous avez écrit :
> Hi Stef, I take it that you have now received my preliminary copy of my
> report. I will send you a completed copy when I am done.
>
> I have a question about the image scans at 1200+ dpi. When attempting
> scans at these resolutions I only get half an image. A little
> investigation has led me to find that the max dpi register is set to
> 1200 (from windows driver) BUT i still get half an image when half_ccd
> is set to true *and* false when i do a scan.
>
> As I am very close to handing in my report any information you can give
> me would be helpful if I can include it :)
>
> Thanks again for all the help you have given me with this, i definitely
> owe you a beer or two :)
>
> Chris

	Hello,

	I was out lately so I couldn't answer earlier. You might consider comparing
an USB snoop log of a 1200 dpi scan with the ouput of the backend at the same
resolution. You may then spot any differences with the settings the genesys
backend use. That could tell you what is going wrong in the backend. It might
something related to GPIO, for instance, there some GPIO specific action in
case of scan at full resolution for the LIDE35 (see genesys_gl841.c line
2648).

Regards,
	Stef