[sane-devel] segfault in sane_net_get_devices connecting to network saned

Brian J. Murrell brian at interlinx.bc.ca
Tue May 11 03:03:39 UTC 2010

m. allan noah <kitno455 <at> gmail.com> writes:

> more data: which driver is in use on scanner server,

It's the "brscan3" /usr/lib/sane/libsane-brother3.so.1.0.7 driver.

> and is it the
> same version of sane-backends?

I'd assume so.

> also, what happens if you connect to
> localhost saned on the server?

Same fault.  However if I use the driver directly with xsane, it works just
fine.  Well, it did back when I posted the original message here.  Since then
I have upgraded to Ubuntu Lucid and now I just get a USB error in a dialog.
~sigh~

But seriously, while I was on Karmic, I scanned all the time, directly, with
xsane.