[sane-devel] Epson Artisan 710 support

Grant emailgrant at gmail.com
Fri May 14 01:40:36 UTC 2010

>> The Epson Artisan 710 is listed as unsupported on the SANE website.
>> I'm using epkowa instead, but I'm getting horizontal lines with a
>> slight rainbow coloring across my scans.  Could switching from epkowa
>> to epson2 once support is added possibly fix this issue?
>
> Black horizontal lines with a rainbow-colored fringe sounds like an
> image processing introduced artifact that I've seen before with Image
> Scan! for Linux.  You could try a greyscale scan.

Hello Olaf,

Thank you for writing.  I'd love to be able to fix this.  Is "Image
Scan!" synonymous with the epkowa backend?  You mention image
processing.  Does that mean I should be able to fix it by way of
configuration somehow?

> FTR, what frontend are you using?

xsane is my frontend.  Could that have anything to do with it?

- Grant