[sane-devel] Epson Stylus SX410 is not recognized although it is listed as supported

kltrg m.kltrg at googlemail.com
Fri May 14 10:55:20 UTC 2010

> Try this:
>
> SANE_DEBUG_EPSON2=255 scanimage -L

It gives me:
:~$ SANE_DEBUG_EPSON2=255 scanimage -L
[sanei_debug] Setting debug level of epson2 to 255.
[epson2] sane_epson2_init: sane-backends 1.0.21cvs
[epson2] epson2 backend, version 1.0.124
[epson2] sane_epson2_get_devices
[epson2] probe_devices
[epson2] free_devices
[epson2] attach_one_config: len = 10, line = scsi EPSON
[epson2] attach_one_config: len = 3, line = usb
[epson2] attach_one_config: len = 17, line = net autodiscovery
[epson2] e2_network_discovery, sent discovery packet
[epson2] e2_network_discovery, end
[epson2] sane_epson2_get_devices - results:

[epson2] sane_epson2_exit
[epson2] free_devices

> oh- and is it possible that the updated sane version failed to update
> the contents of /etc/sane.d? those config files must match the running
> version of sane...

How can I find out? I didn't get any error messages while upgrading.

kltrg