[sane-devel] list of RECENT supported scanners

Y P yellow.penguin at edpnet.be
Sat May 15 11:32:24 UTC 2010

Hi,

although I find the SANE project something very very useful and nice, I miss
something:
the list of scanners that are supported doesn't mention the manufacturing
year,
so the result is that sometimes you think "ow yeah this is a supported
scanner" while in fact you have to think "Ow ch... this scanner doesn't
longer exist and/or isn't longer in the shops":
isn't there a way to provide information about the fabrication year so that
people no longer searches for 10 year old products while they do believe
it's something new ?

Just my fifty cents!

Labrador