[sane-devel] Canoscan 8800F]

Gernot Hassenpflug aikishugyo at gmail.com
Sun May 16 16:09:23 UTC 2010

Hello Kurt,

I am concerned about this part of the log file:

[pixma] pixma_open(): Canoscan 8800F
[pixma] WARNING:pixma_write(): count(0) != len(16)
[pixma] OUT  T=3.054 len=-1
[pixma]  00000000:ef 20 00 00 00 00 00 00  00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00
[pixma]   ERROR: EIO

It looks as though the scanner is not responding even at the start of
the operation. Maybe you can try setting more debug options to 255:

DEBUG_SANE
DEBUG_SANE_SANEI_USB
SANE_DEBUG_DLL

And then send me the log file (or a link to it). I don't know what
changes there might be that Canon has made in firmware perhaps, but
maybe there is some other problem unrelated to the scanner itself that
can be determined from the raw USB communications.

You might also try sane-test (see man page) to test your sane
installation, and set

SANE_DEBUG_TEST

to 255 for that.

Best regards,