[sane-devel] Canon P-150

not disclosed n0td1scl0s3d at hotmail.com
Tue May 18 18:41:55 UTC 2010

Dear SANE,

I recent purchased a Canon P-150 scanner optimistic that it would work with my suse 11.0 box.  I was encouraged by the presence of the linux driver on the Canon website.

Problem is the driver doesn't work and contains no documentation and Canon won't provide any support.

I am posting in the hope that someone here

* knows how make it work without the Canon driver
* knows how to make the Canon driver work
* know what the errors mean and can provide some advice

Symptoms and diagnositcs:

xsane can't find the scanner

I get the following messages in the logs:
dmesg
usb 6-1: new high speed USB device using ehci_hcd and address 3
usb-storage: device found at 3
usb-storage: waiting for device to settle before scanning
usb 6-1: New USB device found, idVendor=1083, idProduct=162d
usb 6-1: New USB device strings: Mfr=1, Product=2, SerialNumber=3
usb 6-1: Product: CANON   P-150
usb 6-1: Manufacturer: CANON
usb 6-1: SerialNumber: FEA12953
usb 6-1: reset high speed USB device using ehci_hcd and address 3
usb 6-1: device descriptor read/64, error -110
usb 6-1: device descriptor read/64, error -110

last repeats slowly until the scanner is unplugged when I get:

hub 1-0:1.0: unable to enumerate USB device on port 1

I am on kernel 2.6.25.20-0.7-default suse 11.0

I have sane BE 1.0.19-48-1, sane FE 1.0.14-250.1 and xsane .995-79-1

I have V 1.00-0.2 of the Canon driver installed using their RPM.

Any clues!

Thanks,

SA