[sane-devel] Epson Artisan 710 calibration & epson2 support

Grant emailgrant at gmail.com
Fri May 21 17:46:31 UTC 2010

In another thread Allan brought to my attention that my Epson Artisan
710 has a calibration problem.  Does anyone know how to calibrate it?
There doesn't seem to be an option for this on the device itself.
Does one exist in the Windows software, and if so, is that the only
way to calibrate it?

I'd like to try the epson2 backend to see if that helps, but the
Artisan 710 is listed as unsupported.  I've added the USB device ID to
the epson2.conf file, but then the scanner will only operate in 1-bit
mode.  Trying to change the mode causes an error.  Is there anything
else I can do to get the 710 to operate as if it were a 700 which is
fully supported?

- Grant