[sane-devel] CanoScan LiDE 100 / Genesys gl843 driver status?

stef stef.dev at free.fr
Tue May 25 19:14:02 UTC 2010

Le mardi 25 mai 2010 15:28:47 m. allan noah, vous avez écrit :
> The machine is actually GL847, a custom version of GL846/8, used only
> by Canon. It is significantly different from the GL841/2/3, and no
> public docs are available.
>
> However, you (and alot of others) are in luck, because stef is
> currently writing drivers for this exact machine. Current
> sane-backends git repo contains his work. I was able to get scans with
> it a few days ago. Perhaps he will comment further.
>
> allan

	Hello,

	I am working hard on it to have it finished support for LiDE 100 for mid-
june. Shortly after I'll add support for LiDE 200 (Jack Mc Gill donated me
such a model). You can checkout and compile latest git version and test
against your scanner. Full width scans are working. What is left is data
reordering, you'll see 2 pictures side by side, one for odd pixel, the other
one for even ones.

Regards,
	Stef