[sane-devel] hp 7650 hangs at higher res, inter alia

Ilia Sotnikov hostcc at gmail.com
Mon May 31 06:37:30 UTC 2010

On Fri, May 28, 2010 at 9:24 PM, Michael J Eurice
<mike.eurice at technilaw1.com> wrote:
>>> I am able to scan color and mono and scan multipage documents up to a
>>> resolution of 300dpi, but above that the scanner hangs part of the way through the
>>> first page.

Good morning, Michael!

It's time to try to find the root of the problem. First we could do is
to enable backend debug information and try to scan.
You could do that by setting the variable SANE_DEBUG_HP5590 to 50 then
starting your frontend. In case of network scanning,
that should be done on the server side, when starting 'saned' daemon.

Just a few examples:
- local scanning
SANE_DEBUG_SANEI_USB=50 SANE_DEBUG_HP5590=50 <you frontend> 2>hp5590.log

- network scanning
SANE_DEBUG_SANEI_USB=50 SANE_DEBUG_HP5590=50 saned -d 2>hp5590.log

In either case, the backend will emit debug messages which are
redirected to the file hp5590.log. The USB debug messages will be
shown as well. You can send the file to me (CC'ing sane-devel),
perhaps something will show up.

Perhaps it's worth to try local scanning first to exclude the
possibility of network related problems.

Best regards,
--
 Ilia Sotnikov