[sane-devel] button query

Florian Lohoff f at zz.de
Thu Nov 18 11:00:55 UTC 2010

Hi,
i once wrote a little C app to poll my document scanner (Fujitu fi4120C)
for the buttons on the front (Function digit, "scan" and "send to").

I now tried to recompile it against libsane 1.0.21-5 (from 1.0.19-23)
and now my tool fails.

After a bit debugging the buttons i found that from the results of
sane_get_option_descriptor the buttons got renamed
from e.g. "button-scan" to "scan" and the like.

So i thought - well - lets see if there is an identifier and found
that there is "type" in the SANE_Option_Descriptor which in case
of the scan button is "bool" although there is a TYPE_BUTTON which
i thought would be a better fit.

Although it is unclear how i could find the "function" button which itself is
not queriable but only the digit one can toggle through.
Its a button but also an integer.

Hints? Bug? Feature? Incomplete transition in the backend?

How am i supposed to automatically find the buttons?

Flo
                 Professionell gesehen bin ich zu haben ....