[sane-devel] Relisys Scorpio PRO-S via USB

Misha Shnurapet shnurapet at fedoraproject.org
Mon Nov 22 12:27:23 UTC 2010

Hello.

I've got a Relisys Scorpio PRO-S scanner that I'd like to test. I use a USB-to-Serial port converter cable to connect it to my PC as I don't have any serial ports in it.

$ sane-find-scanner

  # sane-find-scanner will now attempt to detect your scanner. If the
  # result is different from what you expected, first make sure your
  # scanner is powered up and properly connected to your computer.

  # No SCSI scanners found. If you expected something different, make sure that
  # you have loaded a kernel SCSI driver for your SCSI adapter.

found USB scanner (vendor=0x067b, product=0x2303) at libusb:006:002
  # Your USB scanner was (probably) detected. It may or may not be supported by

  # Not checking for parallel port scanners.

  # Most Scanners connected to the parallel port or other proprietary ports
  # can't be detected by this program.

  # You may want to run this program as root to find all devices. Once you
  # found the scanner devices, be sure to adjust access permissions as
  # necessary.

--
Best regards,
http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/User:Shnurapet