[sane-devel] HP-scanjet 8250 (avision-backend) ADF-not supported

Mike Kelly mike at piratehaven.org
Mon Nov 29 00:31:44 UTC 2010

Thanks to the support of a few testers, especially S. Lipinski, I have
been able to isolate the command sequence which gets the ADF working.
Basically, the driver needs to send a reset command to the scanner,
potentially solving both the initial ADF not working issue and the ADF
failure after scanning a few pages.  Although I now know the right
sequence to send, I still have to work through a rather annoying trial
and error process of testing.  This process is being tracked in the
Alioth bug system.

If you are able to download, patch, compile, and install sane-
backends, please try out patch #5 from the bug, and post the results
of the debug log to the bug system.

This link should take you to the correct bug entry:
https://alioth.debian.org/tracker/?func=detail&atid=410366&aid=312718&group_id=30186

Thanks,

Mike
(: