[sane-devel] HP Scanjet G4010

stef stef.dev at free.fr
Mon Oct 4 04:08:02 UTC 2010

Le Saturday 02 October 2010 11:25:07 Brian Shaver, vous avez écrit :
> Hello,
> I've got an HP Scanjet G4010.
>
> I'd like to offer to assist with developing a backend for this model. If
> I'm not mistaken, it looks like this is being actively worked on
> currently. Does someone know the status of this effort?
>
> I'd be willing to help with testing, tweaks or whatever.
>
> Thanks,
> Brian ..
	Hello,

	I have committed code for G4010 support in the genesys backend at the
same time for limited support for G4050. It should be able to scan at 200 and
300 dpi. It would be nice if you could test latest SANE's git source code.
	The next step is to add higher resolution (up to 4800 dpi), but it needs
another way of setting up the sensor. Up to now the genesys backend assumed
that hardware sensor's dpi wouldn't change. This has to be modified since a
low dpi scan is slower when the sensor is set to 4800 than another lower
resolution.

Regards,
	Stef