[sane-devel] Rising project : Support of Konica-Minolta Magicolor 2480MF

Reinhold Kainhofer reinhold at kainhofer.com
Wed Oct 13 17:02:55 UTC 2010

Am Freitag, 13. August 2010, um 06:29:56 schrieb Jean-Marc CHALLIER:
>  Just a few words to say that the USB frame grabbing is (I think) finished.
> Giving a rapid overview of the captured data, it seems that all frames
> start with ESC (0x1B) and not 0x03, so the protocol is certainly not the
> same as the 1690MF... too bad.

Does it look like the SCL-derived protocol used by the bizhub devices? In
particular:
   http://wiki.kainhofer.com/hardware/bizhub_scan

When looking at the captured data shown there, you might have to ignore the
first 12 bytes of each command, as this header data might be used for LAN
communication only...

All commands start with ESC (0x1b), then * (0x2a), followed by a letter
(f,o,s,w,z), optionally a number, followed by a letter, again numbers followed
by a letter (can be multiple numbers - letter sequences... The end of the
command is always indicated by the letter being uppercase).

Cheers,
Reinhold