[sane-devel] Help with Kodak please

Todd Deshane deshantm at gmail.com
Thu Oct 14 01:29:34 UTC 2010

Hi Alex,

Some information inline below.

On Wed, Oct 13, 2010 at 9:04 PM, alex <info at unicuscom.net> wrote:
> Hallo my name is Alex I recently bought Kodak ESP 6150 All-in-One machine,
> and I am having problem with it scanner features (printer and fax works just
> fine by compiling drivers from sourceforge.net), but I couldn't find drivers
> for scanner and XSane didn't detect it with it default settings. It
> connected to my router through the Ethernet port, I did add the line with
> ip-address of the host to /etc/sane.d/net.conf and still nothing, please
> help me. Thanks...

A family member of mine has an Kodak ESP 3250. I have searched
extensively on the Internet for a Linux driver and as far as I can
tell there isn't one. Just the other day I posted to this list and I
am going to take the steps toward trying to write (or extend an
existing) driver. From what I have read it can take some time to do
and I own the printer myself, so it'll take some time and effort to do
the necessary debugging.

In this thread (http://lists.alioth.debian.org/pipermail/sane-devel/2010-October/027522.html),
here are the suggestions:

"Get a log of the scanner making a small, low res scan in windows, using this:

http://www.pcausa.com/Utilities/UsbSnoop/

Then compress in Usbsniff.log, and the image file from windows and
send it to the list here. Someone may recognize the protocol."

If you are able, could you take those steps? If not, I'll attempt it
once I have proper access to the scanner.

Thanks,
Todd

--
Todd Deshane