[sane-devel] canoscan 300 scsi scanner not detected

m. allan noah kitno455 at gmail.com
Thu Oct 28 14:57:14 UTC 2010

Several comments:

1. the backend should be changed to look at multiple rows of its config file.

2. The canon backend code does this:

 if (ibuf[0] != 6
      || strncmp ((char *) (ibuf + 8), "CANON", 5) != 0
      || strncmp ((char *) (ibuf + 16), "IX-", 3) != 0)
    {
DBG (1, "attach: device doesn't look like a Canon scanner\n");

So the apple machine must respond as a canon too.

3. The sanei_scsi code appears to use strncmp with the length of the
string from the config, so this should work:

scsi CANON IX

Denis- can you put only that line in your config file, and verify that
the scanner still appears?

allan