[sane-devel] magicolor backend

Reinhold Kainhofer reinhold at kainhofer.com
Sun Oct 31 16:43:21 UTC 2010

Am Dienstag, 5. Oktober 2010, um 01:19:47 schrieb Reinhold Kainhofer:
> My backend for KONICA MINOLTA devices (currently only the magicolor 1690mf
> multi-function scanner) is progressing nicely.

Here's a status update for my magicolor backend (git repo at
http://repo.or.cz/w/sane-backend-magicolor.git )

The backend is basically working (both with USB and LAN connectivity, with
150-600dpi, mode BW/Gray/Color, source ADF/FBF).

What is now working:
-) Network auto-detection (using snmp)
-) scanning (scanimage or xsane or any other frontend)
     o) from FBF or ADF
     o) with a resolution of 150/300/600dpi (color only 150/300dpi)
     o) in BW/Gray/Color.
   That's basically everything the device supports at all.
-) Multiple pages can be scanned from the FBF

Of course, there is still some work to do, in particular in two areas:
-) Add more status checks (sometimes the communication times out, then one has
   to turn off and on the device).
-) USB connections: The device has two bulk-in endpoints (#4 and #5), where
   SANE automatically uses the first one #4, while the scanner only responds
   to #5. Thus, USB communication does not currently work.
   However, as soon as I change sanei_usb_open not to ignore the second
   detected bulk-in endpoint, then scanning from USB works just as fine as
   over the network.

Cheers,
Reinhold