[sane-devel] pros and cons regarding --enable-pthread for Linux

Johannes Meixner jsmeix at suse.de
Wed Sep 1 09:42:27 UTC 2010

Hello,

On Aug 28 08:29 Julien BLACHE wrote (shortened):
> "m. allan noah" <kitno455 at gmail.com> wrote:
>> became the default for Linux. Honestly, I think it could be changed,
>> but I don't think pthread is as well tested, since most user's use
>> whatever their distro compiles :)
>
> sane-backends in Debian has been using pthread since Feb 2009.

I assume there have been no issues because of this
(otherwise you would have told us).

Now I think about --enable-pthread for the next openSUSE version
and if there are bug reports because of this I could switch back
to the default.

I wonder why there is no reply from sane-backends package maintainers
of other Linux distributions - perhaps everybody on summer vacation?

Kind Regards
Johannes Meixner
AG Nuernberg, HRB 16746, GF: Markus Rex