[sane-devel] Canon CanoScan 9000F (similar to 8800F) supported by sane?

Gernot Hassenpflug aikishugyo at gmail.com
Tue Sep 7 01:07:24 UTC 2010

On Tue, Sep 7, 2010 at 3:20 AM, Al Bogner <sane at ml093.pinguin.uni.cc> wrote:
> Am Mo, 06 Sep 2010 22:55:55 CEST schrieb Gernot Hassenpflug:
>
>> Hi, quick message only: 9000F is working, only needs 9600dpi
>> resolution in TPU mode implemented correctly /../
>
> Should lsusb show any info of the scanner? I have problems with
> Windows XP too, after I installed the driver and dis-/connected the
> scanner. The scanner was never recognized by Windows or Linux.

Yes, certainly, just like any other USB device. Once it is connected,
the USB subsystem should give the standard device information. You
might try on another computer also, and with a different cable, in
case there is some hardware issue with either the PC and/or cable.

> The main task will be to scan invoices and papers like this with 150dpi
> in lineart, so nothing special. But sometimes I would like to use the
> film guide mount with bigger film formats than 35mm. That's why I think
> of this scanner.

The 8800F and 9000F both work with 4800dpi already, the only new thing
with the 9000F is the 9600dpi resolution. The 9000F has twice the
number of rows of CCDs.

> I am not experienced with cvs and sane. How long do you think it takes,
> that the driver will be released in a repo? With opensuse I couldn't

SANE repos probably in a month or so. Distors who knows....

> find the "old" 8800F driver. Is there a "factory-repo" for Opensuse
> 11.2 and sane?

Already in SANE 1.0.21. Just install it and you are supported.

Gernot
--
ISP Asahi-Net: http://asahi-net.jp/en/
No.1 in Japan by customer satisfaction