[sane-devel] Canon CanoScan 9000F (similar to 8800F) supported by sane?

Gernot Hassenpflug aikishugyo at gmail.com
Tue Sep 7 06:52:36 UTC 2010

On Tue, Sep 7, 2010 at 3:30 PM, Al Bogner <sane at ml093.pinguin.uni.cc> wrote:
> Am Di, 07 Sep 2010 10:07:24 CEST schrieb Gernot Hassenpflug:
>> On Tue, Sep 7, 2010 at 3:20 AM, Al Bogner <sane at ml093.pinguin.uni.cc>
>> wrote:
>> > Am Mo, 06 Sep 2010 22:55:55 CEST schrieb Gernot Hassenpflug:
>> >
>> > Should lsusb show any info of the scanner? /../
>>
>> Yes, certainly, just like any other USB device. /../
>
> I tried 2 pcs and 2 USB-cables, so the chance that there is a hardware
> problem with the scanner, is high.
>
>> > The main task will be to scan invoices and papers like this with
>> > 150dpi in lineart, so nothing special. But sometimes I would like
>> > to use the film guide mount with bigger film formats than 35mm.
>> > That's why I think of this scanner.
>>
>> The 8800F and 9000F both work with 4800dpi already,
>
> So, if I could choose the 8800F driver, it should work? I mean, I can
> scan with 150dpi?

No, you need the new pixma_mp150.c file from me and compile SANE
yourself from CVS with my file replacing the CVS one. If you prefer to
wait some weeks, you will have the 9000F support also in CVS. I'm
trying my best to complete the support but even without 9600dpi
support it will be eminently usable (up to 4800dpi works flawlessly).

>> > find the "old" 8800F driver. Is there a "factory-repo" for Opensuse
>> > 11.2 and sane?
>>
>> Already in SANE 1.0.21. Just install it and you are supported.
>
> rpm -qa | grep -i sane
> xsane-0.997-11.1.i586
> sane-backends-1.0.20-8.3.i586
> sane-backends-autoconfig-1.0.20-8.3.i586
>
> So, I have to search for a repo with newer packages for Opensuse.

Indeed.

I found:
http://fr2.rpmfind.net/linux/RPM/opensuse/11.3/i586/sane-backends-autoconfig-1.0.21-3.5.i586.html
And under the "requires" I clicked on sane-backends and found a rpm
for OpenSuSE on that page.

Regards,
Gernot
--