[sane-devel] Trouble with HP Photosmart C4780 on Mac OS X 10.6

Johannes Meixner jsmeix at suse.de
Thu Sep 9 16:16:18 UTC 2010

Hello,

On Sep 9 09:48 m. allan noah wrote (shortened):
> you also need to install the hpaio backend, which is part
> of the hplip software. I don't know anything about
> doing that on a Mac...

FYI:
http://hplipopensource.com/node/281
reads
HP Linux imaging and printing
Print, scan and fax drivers for Linux

What distributions/operating systems are supported?

Answer:
HPLIP is designed for use on Linux operating systems.
We currently do not test BSD, UNIX, Solaris, Mac OS X,
or Darwin.  It is altogether possible that some advanced
users have been successful in modifying HPLIP for use on
these systems, but we do not document or provide support
on such uses of HPLIP.

Kind Regards
Johannes Meixner
AG Nuernberg, HRB 16746, GF: Markus Rex