[sane-devel] SNMP detection of network scanners?

m. allan noah kitno455 at gmail.com
Wed Sep 15 17:21:59 UTC 2010

There is no such code in sane currently, AFAIK. Which path to take
would depend on the size and portability of libsnmp. If you only need
a very small part of it, and it does not build on many platforms, then
you might make an independent lib. However, you then have potential
security and portability issues of your own, with no additional
developers to help. There is a reason we have shared libs in modern
systems :)

allan