[sane-devel] problem with canoscan 5600F

stef stef.dev at free.fr
Wed Sep 15 19:08:39 UTC 2010

Le Wednesday 15 September 2010 13:40:38 Denis Jallat, vous avez écrit :
> I have a canoscan 5600 too and the same problem as Catelin (probalely
> the same problem or an identical problem); I contacted stef and I gave
> him data so he can identify the problem.
>
> Denis Jallat
> (excuse my english)
	Hello,

	the usbsnoop you sent gave lots of useful information. First the analog
frontend used is different form the LiDE 100 and 200. Then the 5600f is using
a CCD sensor while only CIS sensor are currently supported for gl847. I'll
come up with a test patch, but real development can only be done when having
the device to test.
	Maybe you or David may have a try at it and I would assist you. Since
motor seems to work alright, what is left is some modification for CCD and
analog frontend. There is already existing code for the gl841/gl843 parts
which can be a good basis. In fact the most tedious is testing.

Regards,
	Stef