[sane-devel] update to MP960 support

Gernot Hassenpflug aikishugyo at gmail.com
Mon Sep 20 09:32:55 UTC 2010

Dear all,

I'm fairly happy to announce that MP960 support is coming along
nicely, after several hurdles.

At present, color shift and stripe shift are solved for all
resolutions (up to 4800) in both flatbed and TPU modes.

The scanner produces data from its hardware up to 4800dpi in both
flatbed & TPU mode. However, true flatbed resolution is only 1200dpi:
for 2400dpi the image has each pixel doubled up, and for 4800dpi there
are two images side-by-side, offset by 32 pixels vertically, each
having the pixels doubled up but slightly different in the two images.
I can interleave them 2 pixels at a time to get one image.

I am not sure whether it might be better to interpolate this. Perhaps
other scanners exist that have a similar functionality and developers
have some opinions about what is a good solution or compromise?
Otherwise I am more than happy to leave the data as it currently is,
with "wide" pixels.

For TPU the scanner produces true 4800dpi pixels. I need to experiment
with x and y positioning still in TPU mode, but image reconstruction
is at least solved in the code.

Best regards,
Gernot Hassenpflug
--