[sane-devel] Canon LiDE 110, with GL848+

stef stef.dev at free.fr
Thu Sep 23 03:42:51 UTC 2010

Le Wednesday 22 September 2010 23:37:14 Gareth McMullin, vous avez écrit :
> Hi
>
> I have acquired a Canon LiDE 110 scanner (vid:pid = 04a9:1909) which I
> would like to use with SANE.
> The 'sane-find-scanner' reports the device with chip detected as 'GL848+'.
> The output of 'sane-find-scanner -v -v' is attached.
>
> Is anyone working on support for this device?  If not, I'm interested in
> contributing.
>
> The Genesys Logic website has no information on this chip, but I've found a
> datasheet from alldatasheet.com.  This document doesn't say anything about
> USB transactions.
>
> Does anyone know where I can get more information?  Otherwise I'll capture
> some logs from Windows and look at the other chips supported by the Genesys
> backend for comparison.
>
> Thanks and regards,
> Gareth
	Hello,

	sane-find-scanner uses a guess method for the genesys chip used. To get
usre it is a gl848 you would need to open your scanner. Another source of
information is to use usbsnoop under windows to record usb activity for a low
resolution scan and send me the log I'll processed it and compare it with
Canon Lide 100/200 logs. This way we will have an idea of our close they are.

	One quick test you could make is to clone the LIDE100 entry in
genesys_devices.c, and link it to 04a9:1909 and add this usb id in
genesys.conf .

Regards,
	Stef