[sane-devel] question about usblib errors crashing SANE

Gernot Hassenpflug aikishugyo at gmail.com
Thu Sep 23 17:20:15 UTC 2010

On Fri, Sep 24, 2010 at 2:16 AM, m. allan noah <kitno455 at gmail.com> wrote:
> Dont assume the segfault is in sanei_usb- what does the pixma backend
> do with bad interrupt endpoint data?

Good point. I have no idea, actually, it is the open function here and
I did not have this problem before. When working on the Canoscan 8800F
I often got 15 15 00 00 00 00 replies continually from the scanner
(communication failed) but this never resulted in a segfault so I
thought this cannot be a problem. But perhaps the difference in
generations between the devices is an issue. I don't know yet how to
troubleshoot this, but I will look at the pixma code and see if I can
find anything relating to generations in the endpoint handling.

Regards,
Gernot
--
ISP Asahi-Net: http://asahi-net.jp/en/