[sane-devel] Hello - new scanner Canon canoscan n1240U doesn't work

Dr. Ing. Dieter Jurzitza dieter.jurzitza at t-online.de
Sun Sep 26 17:49:01 UTC 2010

Hi David,
some questions:

1.) did you try sane-find-scanner as root or as normal user?
2.) did you try scanimage as root or as normal user?
3.) did you (as suggested) try scanimage -L?
4.) What is your operating system?

Take care

Dieter

Am Sonntag, 26. September 2010, 18:49:06 schrieb David Kremer:
> Hello everyone, (sorry I already posted on sane-standard but it was a wrong
> choice).
>
> I just bought this scanner : Canon CanoScane n1240u, which is supported as
> far I know by sane, with the plustek backend.
*****

                                \

if you really want to see the pictures above - use some font
with constant spacing like courier! :-)