[sane-devel] Hello - new scanner Canon canoscan n1240U doesn't work

Gernot Hassenpflug aikishugyo at gmail.com
Sun Sep 26 23:10:29 UTC 2010

On Mon, Sep 27, 2010 at 3:20 AM, David Kremer <ooh2iej7ae at gmail.com> wrote:
>> Hi David,
>> some questions:
>>
>> 1.) did you try sane-find-scanner as root or as normal user?
>> 2.) did you try scanimage as root or as normal user?
>> 3.) did you (as suggested) try scanimage -L?
>> 4.) What is your operating system?
>>

> Hello, yes, I tried as root and normal user, it didn't change the result. I
> tried both scanimage alone and scanimage -L, it didn't make a difference.
>
> My operating system is archlinux, kernel 2.6.35, sane is version 1.0.21.

Hi, that certainly is strange since I used the N1240U for several
years with SANE and it always worked beautifully. What happens if you
set the various DEBUG environment variables for sane, sane-plustek,
sane-usb and so forth (check man pages for these items), to see where
the problem starts to occur (for example, does the plustek backend
ever get called?

Gernot