[sane-devel] Hello - new scanner Canon canoscan n1240U doesn't work

david.kremer.dk at gmail.com david.kremer.dk at gmail.com
Mon Sep 27 08:36:55 UTC 2010

> Hi, that certainly is strange since I used the N1240U for several
> years with SANE and it always worked beautifully. What happens if you
> set the various DEBUG environment variables for sane, sane-plustek,
> sane-usb and so forth (check man pages for these items), to see where
> the problem starts to occur (for example, does the plustek backend
> ever get called?
>
> Gernot

Hello, Sorry.

I just did a perfect scan with this scanner, as root. All I made is removing the
plustek.conf (renaming to plustek.conf.tmp). As root, xscanimage works
perfectly.

I just have now to solve the problem of the root user. My device has the group
'scanner' :

/dev/bus/usb/003:
total 0
crw-rw-r-- 1 root root    189, 256 27 sept. 10:29 001
crw-rw-r-- 1 root scanner 189, 261 27 sept. 10:35 006
crw-rw-r-- 1 root root    189, 262 27 sept. 10:26 007

I'm in the scanner group but I am unable to access the scanner through scanimage
or xsane as a normal user. Someone could help ?

Thank you.