[sane-devel] Backend for Kodak Aio scanner, proposal

m. allan noah kitno455 at gmail.com
Sun Apr 10 02:37:34 UTC 2011

On Thu, Apr 7, 2011 at 4:48 PM, Paul Newall <p.newalls at ntlworld.com> wrote:
> I have managed to deduce the protocol sufficiently to aquire uncompressed
> scan data from my Kodak ESP 5250 Aio.

That's a wonderful feeling, isn't it! My favorite part of the job is
that first scan. Getting the rest of the backend to work can be a bit
of a chore :)

> I have written a python program that aquires a scan over the wifi network
> interface.
> So I propose to try and write a SANE backend, unless someone already has?
>
> Any suggestions for a good existing backend to use as a starting pint for
> this project?

Each author would likely suggest their own. I'm partial to the fujitsu
backend myself :)

I'd recommend poking around in the source, and find one with a style
you can read. Perhaps one that also has some networking functions?

allan