[sane-devel] HP 1120 MFP (hpljm1005) - truncated scan area and wrong colors

Kamil Jońca kjonca at o2.pl
Thu Apr 21 09:04:02 UTC 2011

kjonca at o2.pl (Kamil Jońca) writes:

> I've got an old HP 1120 MFP multifunction device, and tried to scan with
> it, but I found than scan area is truncated at bottom of page about
> 1,5cm.
>
> Googling with "hpljm1005 scan area" gives me posts from 2009 with
> exactly the same problem, but no solution :(. Am I missing something?

1. It looks like truncated area is only at preview (which is scanned at
   75DPi).

2. This scanner (at least my model) have scanning area height 300mm, but
   in driver code MAX_Y_S is 330 mm, and setting br-y to 330mm makes that
   whole area is scanned, but then there is something wrong with colors;
   (see: http://strony.aster.pl/kjonca/debug-297.jpg, warning, 16MB
   file)
   when I changed (just for testing):

   #define MAX_Y_S 297

whole area is scanned, but colors and preview are still wrong.

Any ideas?
KJ

--
http://modnebzdury.wordpress.com/2009/10/01/niewiarygodny-list-prof-majewskiej-wprowadzenie/
Linux jest w stanie przeżyc wyjęcie procesora - resztę doliczy w pamięci.